Wednesday 2 November 2011

Dachshund ♥


I thought I would share an insight into my world, I love dogs and in particular I just love love love dachshunds. Long-haired miniature dachshunds are my absolutely favourite and as it happens I have two of my own. Say hello to Luca and Monty...


Taken in Dunfanaghy, Co. Donegal, after much running on the beach tired them out just long enough for us to get this photo! (Monty is the red one on the right and Luca the black and tan on the left)

They are my puppy dogs, even though they are now 6 and 5 respectively they are still my puppies! I'd love to breed dachshunds and have an army of them running around but unfortunately we don't have the space and baby R gets priority at the minute so my dream of a wee miniature dachshund army has to wait, for now!


So kind of them to pose, but why so serious?!

The 2nd and 3rd pics were taken when the dogs were a wee bit younger. Makes me a little sad to see them growing older, they are my family too and I want them to be around for a long time. Would love Baby R to remember them as he grows up as he has grown very fond of them in his short life. Nothing makes him giggle quite so much as Monty fetching the ball or has him so intrigued as Monty frantically biting the squeaky toy and he loves to have his toes tickled by Monty's tongue and a breeze in his face from Monty's tail (Luca is too cool a customer to get up to these sorts of antics I must add). Ahh what could be better, happiness is babies and dogs...



No comments:

Post a Comment