Saturday 17 March 2012

♣♥ Shamrocks and Hearts ♥♣

Firstly I'd like to wish you all a very Happy St Patrick's Day from us here in Ireland. Baby R and I are wearing green today but other than we don't have any other plans to celebrate the day.
 We are visiting Toys R Us today to get Baby R some much needed toys. We didn't go over board at Christmas because he wasn't even a year yet and it was hard to know what he needed. But now he is toddling and developing a bit more we think he needs a few more toys. So it's not really celebrating our patron saint but we are doing it in green!


♥♥ Ta-Dah ♥♥
So anyway the main reason I am blogging today is because I have finished something on my to-do list. This is my Granny Heart Bunting Ta-Dah! The pattern/tutorial is from the very lovely Sandra at Cherry Heart  and if you don't know her blog I strongly recommending popping by - she has the most beautiful blog with such gorgeous ideas and is very generous with her time posting lovely tutorials for anyone to use. I am attempting to keep this post brief as I usually tend to write an essay so hopefully the photos speak for themselves!
Happy daffs, yummy yarn and scrummy bunting..
An in situ shot. I just love looking up to see the bunting across the archway it just looks like it should always have been there. It makes me smile a big, dopey, beaming smile when I glance upon it. I am easily pleased....
  And finally Baby R and I in our greenery. I think he likes the bunting too!!
A big thank you to Sandra for the tutorial. I am super happy to have made it. I love it when I achieve something, it helps to keep me going and keep me smiling.

♥ Enjoy the weekend and the sunshine everyone 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sweetie,Happy St.Patricks day to you! LOVE the heart garland its beautiful,Another thing to add to My 'to do' list.Thanks for sharing where you made it from.Hope Baby R finds lots of new goodies in Toys R US,My two used to love that shop :) Have a lovely weekend,julie xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Saint Patricks day! You are both looking lovely in green.

    Love your granny bunting, it looks lovely hanging up, I think I would keep looking at smiling at it too.....good on you for getting it done and up!

    Hope you had. Successful shopping trip, and enjoy the rest of the weekend.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello,
    i hope you have had a nice St.Patricksday. you are both looking fantastic in green. i love your bunting!!!
    love regina

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've chosen such beautiful colours for your heart bunting.

    I'd really love to do this but i'm struggling with crochet at the moment, give me two knitting needles instead !!

    You can see my makes at my blog if you ever want to pop over.

    Happy Crafting
    Fleur xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen, love the bunting, think I am going to have a go at that myself. Lovely photos of you and Baby R too.
    Gosh you know, I keep checking your blog for updates and then when I don't look for a couple of days you have posted two!!!!
    xx Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I do heart your bunting!

    ReplyDelete